There are common signs I have seen in my clients when they have been settling for less than there value and what they are worthy of.
They crop up when rather than stepping into their unique authentic power they are letting fear and doubt control and keep them from achieving whatever it is their heart is desiring.
Here are the 23 most commons ones I have seen…..
- You feel as if life has more to offer than it is right now
- You allow other people to curb your enthusiasm
- You find it difficult to stand up for what you believe in
- You look for or need the approval from all those around you
- You make sure everyone else is happy first before you think about yourself
- You struggle to say no when people ask things of you
- When you look in the mirror you say hateful things about yourself that you would never dream of saying to anyone else
- You spend an exorbitant amount of time scrolling Instagram or Pinterest for the answer to how to ‘make yourself better’
- You can’t laugh at yourself
- You hide or squish any emotion by making a joke or laughing or deflecting it in some way
- You are constantly looking for evidence about yourself that confirms your limiting beliefs
- You’re still in the job you hate
- You’re in a relationship that isn’t supporting you
- You’re worried about people judging you
- You have so many dreams that are unfulfilled
- You regularly hear the voice in your head saying “You aren’t good enough!”
- You work hard but don’t play hard
- You aren’t doing any personal development
- You see what you want as impossible to achieve
- You feel put upon by those around you
- You don’t have the time for the things you love doing
- You don’t want to be a nuisance to people so won’t ask for what you want
- Your bank balance doesn’t reflect how hard you work and the hours you out in
There are many more but from this list, but you get a good sense of how you might be settling for less in your life right now.
If as a result of any or all of these things you are feeling angry, frustrated, stuck, disconnected or lost, it’s definitely time to do something about it!
One place to start is to understand what is having the biggest impact on you and the way you’re feeling right now.
Here is a process I take my clients through to help them…..
Draw a large circle on an A4 piece of paper
Divide it into 8 slices.
Label each slice an important aspect of your life and what you value. These will be different for each person.
But for example, mine were career, travel/adventure, personal development, relationship, finances, friends & family, health, creativity.
For each one write a short paragraph describing what your dream vision is for that aspect. Everything you would love to see, feel and be doing in that area of your life.
Once you have done that, give it a mark out of 10 for how it is currently. 10 is “I feel fully abundant in this area and couldn’t be any more fulfilled, I’m living the vision” and 0 is “This doesn’t even exist for me right now”. So mark it in terms of how close you are to 10!
When you’re done for all 8, take a few minutes to reflect and notice where at this very moment you are settling for less than what you want.
The temptation will be to feel overwhelmed and negative if there are a number of areas that aren’t living up to your vision. Firstly, I want to say that dropping down into those feelings is a choice. You can choose to go there (which I assure you will keep you feeling even more stuck and frustrated) or you can choose to look at this as a useful exercise that’s given you clarity about the situation and you’re now going to make a promise to yourself to do something about it!
And with that, pick one segment that you want to focus on first. Which one do you feel needs the most attention?
And now I want you to ask yourself the question – what is the one small step I will take today to move towards my vision for this area of my life and how will I do it?
And I would love to hear from you! What is the area of your life you are focusing on now having done this exercise? What was your ‘a ha’ moment? And what small step have you promised yourself you’re going to take today?
Leave your comments below.
If you liked this post and think others will find value in it too then please use the social sharing buttons at the bottom to share the love.
Also, if you liked this post you might find this one interesting too – Are you putting your future in other people’s hands.
You are awesome, your dreams are awesome and you definitely need to feel true and be you!
P.S. Know somebody who needs to see this? Give ’em a helping hand by sharing this with them.
AND here’s just a little reminder of what I do…
I work with female entrepreneurs and business owners who want to build their dream businesses!
I will help you get clear on what you need to do, how you’ll do it and keep you on track. You’ll give self-doubt the elbow, saying bye to overwhelm and hello to assertive action. Saving you time, effort and energy!
STRATEGY, ACTION & ACCOUNTABILITY = THE BUSINESS YOU LOVE WITH LESS HUSTLE! 💓
So, whenever you’re ready, here are ways I can help you:
- Like my Facebook page. I share some awesome content there.
- Sign up for my mail list – you’ll get a dose of actionable wisdom and inspiration, from my heart and from my experience of business and life, straight to your inbox every Wednesday.
On signing up you will also get my hacks for squishing self-doubt as you go for your big dreams….. Fill in the form at the bottom!
- Work with me 1:1 – Business Start Coaching – Kick-Start Your Business and Entrepreneur Business Coaching – Reclaim Your Business. I also offer accountability coaching on a month by month basis – contact me if you would like more information about this.
- Join my group coaching programme for purpose-driven new and wannabe entrepreneurs who are ready to grow their wings and fly the nest and save time and energy and build their business with ease – click here to receive more info.
I love this work!