I don’t think I ever thought I’d be writing about The Rolling Stones!
But I’m going to tell you why I am ……
There’s SO many good lessons to be taken away from these guys……
So where has this come from?
Last month I went to see The Rolling Stones live during their ‘No Filter’ tour.
I’ve never seen them live before and admittedly haven’t really been a big follower of theirs. But the opportunity came up and so I went.
WOWZERS! I have to admit it was up there as one of the best gigs I’ve been to.
So many things struck me about The Rolling Stones as I watched them perform their 2 and a half hour set!
Talk about endurance for a band that had the combined age of 294!
The overriding thing was how the heck are these guys still delivering such awesome shows!
Someone else I spoke to who had seen them at one of the other venues said Mick Jagger ran 10km on stage!! The energy was off the richter!
And here are just some awesome lessons I took away from watching them do their thing on stage…..
- Continuously strive to be authentic and when you’ve got it sussed keep doing it with gusto! ~ The Rolling Stones started out singing covers but then found their own sound and words and style and have been doing it ever since and so well that they still consistently sell out their tours and satisfy their fans.
- If you have a passion, a love, a talent keep going with it and show up for it! ~ Having it in your life whether you’re paid for following or doing it or not gives you a way of experiencing being alive.
- Keep going because YOU want to, even when the “norm” suggests otherwise! ~ “We haven’t finished yet. It’s still too early for me to talk about the Stones’ legacy,” said Keith Richards. “There’s one thing that we haven’t yet achieved, and that’s to really find out how long you can do this.”
- Back Yourself….don’t wait for others! Eventually, they will come along for the ride too! ~ The gig was a slap in the face evidence that staying true to your craft and believing and backing yourself and knowing if you keep it all meaningful to you, it WILL BE meaningful to those who witness it.
- Enjoy yourself! Life is too short…..or maybe not for these guys 😂 It’s certainly a life well lived. But no matter what you are doing enjoy the ride, make time for play and laughter and fun even during the toughest or the ‘meh’ times.
Talk about awestruck and inspired. I want what they’ve got going on, in terms of energy and drive, at their age!!
I was talking with a client yesterday who a year ago was feeling very lost and stuck, trying to pull together a business from something she thought she should be doing.
Today she is in a very different place because she is creating her business having tapped into her zone of genius – using her talent – and doing it in a way that feels more aligned authentically. I would say she too is following many of these lessons as she moves along her path.
Is there a lesson here that you could play with more in your own life?
What could come from embracing your own inner Rolling Stone?
Leave me your thoughts in the comments below.
I’ll leave you with this……
P.S. Know somebody who needs to see this? Give ’em a helping hand by sharing this with them.
AND here’s just a little reminder of what I do…
I work with female entrepreneurs and business owners who want to build their dream businesses!
I will help you get clear on what you need to do, how you’ll do it and keep you on track. You’ll give self-doubt the elbow, saying bye to overwhelm and hello to assertive action. Saving you time, effort and energy!
STRATEGY, ACTION & ACCOUNTABILITY = THE BUSINESS YOU LOVE WITH LESS HUSTLE! 💓
So, whenever you’re ready, here are ways I can help you:
- Like my Facebook page. I share some awesome content there.
- Sign up for my mail list – you’ll get a dose of actionable wisdom and inspiration, from my heart and from my experience of business and life, straight to your inbox every Wednesday.
On signing up you will also get my hacks for squishing self-doubt as you go for your big dreams….. Fill in the form at the bottom!
- Work with me 1:1 – Business Start Coaching – Kick-Start Your Business and Entrepreneur Business Coaching – Reclaim Your Business. I also offer accountability coaching on a month by month basis – contact me if you would like more information about this.
- Join my group coaching programme for purpose-driven new and wannabe entrepreneurs who are ready to grow their wings and fly the nest and save time and energy and build their business with ease – click here to receive more info.
I love this work!