Reading a good book is one of the ways I remain curious and open-minded as an entrepreneur.
I love exploring the thinking of others and deciding whether I want to explore their ideas more ~ it’s all part of the experiment I talked about in my previous post!
I find reading calming and motivating all at the same time.
I look at it as my time to expand.
It’s certainly idea central when I sit down and read.
Just one sentence in a book can spark a thought and then another and another (sometimes they’re not even related to what I’m reading on the page!).
So, I’ve always got a notepad next to me.
Since I started out with my own business I have read A LOT of books, some incredible, some good and some not so……
I’m sharing my short list 🤣 of books I think are MUST READS:
Start With Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone To Take Action ~ Simon Sinek
She Means Business: Turn Your Ideas into Reality and Become a Wildly Successful Entrepreneur ~ Carrie Green
Feel the Fear and do it anyway ~ Susan Jeffers
Playing Big ~ Tara Mohr
War of Art ~Steven Pressfield
The Gifts of Imperfection ~ Brene Brown
Dare to Lead ~Brene Brown
Braving the Wilderness ~ Brene Brown
Screw Business as Usual ~ Richard Branson
Big Magic ~ Elizabeth Gilbert
The Magic of Thinking Big ~David J Schwartz
Give and Take ~ Adam Grant
Lean In ~ Sheryl Sandberg
Grit: Why passion and resilience are the secrets to success ~ Angela Duckwork
Quiet ~ Susan Cain (an awesome read for those introverts out there!)
Do Story: How to tell your story so the world listens ~ Bobette Buster
- Building A Story Brand ~ Donald Miller
The Hero’s Journey ~ Joseph Campbell
It’s not how good you are, it’s how good you want to be ~ Paul Arden
Contagious: How to build word of mouth in the digital age ~ Jonah Berger
You Are A Badass ~ Jen Sincero
The 5 Second Rule: The Surprisingly Simple Way to Live, Love, and Speak with Courage ~ Mel Robbins
The Big Leap: Conquer Your Hidden Fear and Take Life to the Next Level ~ Gay Hendricks
Time to Think ~ Nancy Kline
The Inside Out Revolution ~ Michael Neill
The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F%@k ~ Mark Manson
- The ONE Thing ~ Gary Keller
- Deep Work ~ Cal Newport
- This Is Marketing ~ Seth Godin
- Company of One ~ Paul Jarvin
- Chillpreneur ~ Denise Duffield-Thomas
If you’re not a reader obviously you can get most of these as audios as well, which are awesome to listen to while doing those jobs you just don’t like. For me, that’s any of the housework if I can’t get out of it 😂
This list will grow as I continue to hunt out inspiring reads and I will update you on my great finds regularly.
If you have any suggestions for awesome reads definitely I’d love to hear in the comments below.
P.S. Know somebody who needs to see this? Give ’em a helping hand by sharing this with them.
AND here’s just a little reminder of what I do…
I work with female entrepreneurs and business owners who want to build their dream businesses!
I will help you get clear on what you need to do, how you’ll do it and keep you on track. You’ll give self-doubt the elbow, saying bye to overwhelm and hello to assertive action. Saving you time, effort and energy!
STRATEGY, ACTION & ACCOUNTABILITY = THE BUSINESS YOU LOVE WITH LESS HUSTLE! 💓
So, whenever you’re ready, here are ways I can help you:
- Like my Facebook page. I share some awesome content there.
- Sign up for my mail list – you’ll get a dose of actionable wisdom and inspiration, from my heart and from my experience of business and life, straight to your inbox every Wednesday.
On signing up you will also get my hacks for squishing self-doubt as you go for your big dreams….. Fill in the form at the bottom!
- Work with me 1:1 – Business Start Coaching – Kick-Start Your Business and Entrepreneur Business Coaching – Reclaim Your Business. I also offer accountability coaching on a month by month basis – contact me if you would like more information about this.
- Join my group coaching programme for purpose-driven new and wannabe entrepreneurs who are ready to grow their wings and fly the nest and save time and energy and build their business with ease – click here to receive more info.
I love this work!