Why self-compassion is an essential skill for an entrepreneur?
Because as business owners or leaders…. whether you’re starting a company, launching a new project, switching careers, or running a non-profit organization. You will face tests and there will be times of doubt and uncertainty…
Self-compassion entails being warm, forgiving and understanding toward ourselves rather than beating ourselves with self-criticism and judgement, when we suffer, fail, or feel inadequate, which ultimately tends to knock our confidence.
We especially need self-compassion when we are stepping into something new, where we are learning and experiencing for the first time ~ there are many of these moments as we’re running our businesses or launching a project.
Self-compassion is both an attitude and a skill we can learn. It is a useful tool for building resilience.
Here are some ways to do this….
🌟 Re-frame the way you respond to failure. Everyone makes mistakes and failing is part of our evolutionary learning process and that’s OK! Rethink what “failing” means!
🌟 Separate emotion from fact. Establish where your emotions are taking over and warping the facts of the situation.
🌟 Remember that you are not alone! It’s a big planet and someone somewhere will be going through the same thing!
🌟 Realise that sometimes you will be out of your element. But taking it one step at a time means you can learn and figure it out as you go
🌟Learn to accept compliments from others and praise yourself for your accomplishments.
So I want to ask you, where could you show yourself more self-compassion?
And what affirmation could you have ready for yourself that comes from a place of self-compassion?
Write it on a post-it note and stick it where you need to see it!!
P.S. Know somebody who needs to see this? Give ’em a helping hand by sharing this with them.
AND here’s just a little reminder of what I do…
I provide accountability coaching for female entrepreneurs and business owners who are just starting out, and those who are stuck in the starting gate, to create the business and life of their dreams.
I help them explore their vision, strategy, mindset, skillset and energy through practical coaching so they move past their blind spots, get out of their own way, keep their sanity and work on their business with greater ease.
So, whenever you’re ready, here are ways I can help you:
- Sign up for my mail list – you’ll get a dose of actionable wisdom and inspiration, from my heart and from my experience of business and life, straight to your inbox every Wednesday.
On signing up you will also get my hacks for squishing self-doubt as you go for your big dreams….. Fill in the form at the bottom!
- Like my Facebook page. I share some awesome content there.
- Join my FREE FB group – The Hug for Soulful Entrepreneurs – THE community to connect with others who are also on this exhilarating entrepreneurial journey to building meaningful and profitable businesses.
- Join my group coaching programme for purpose-driven new and wannabe entrepreneurs who are ready to grow their wings and fly the nest and save time and energy and build their business with ease – Click here for more information!
- Work with me 1:1 – check out GET IT DONE and 6-12 month coaching and my Intensive Days.